ZocdocAnswersShould I be concerned about this headache and possibly abnormal stool?

Question

Should I be concerned about this headache and possibly abnormal stool?

A day or so after menstruation, I thought I saw some pink in the toilet when I urinated, but I thought this was just "excess" after menstruation. But now the pink's from the stool. -no pain, no bleeding from the anus or rectum. -The stool itself isn't visibly discolored on the surface, so I thought it was beets. -Urine is normal Headache: -usually on the right side -pain is mild to a bit above mild -random, sudden, throbs for a few seconds or less. Not as energized at the gym. My muscles aren't sore, but my body feels tired. A symptom that just started today is a slight discomfort inside. -sometimes a slight burn feelings, but not really painful.

Answer

Thanks for this question, but a lot more information is necessary before we are able to clarify what is wrong. That is why it is important to speak with your doctor about your concern. Headaches can be normal for some people, but if they are not normal for you, are severe, or have changed, you should discuss them with your doctor. As for rectal bleeding, there are many things that are common. Hemorrhoids are one of the most common causes of bright red blood on toilet paper after a bowel movement, but it can be hard to tell if the bleeding is from that or from something more sinister. While there are some foods that can change the color of stool, if the problem persists it should be discussed with a doctor. Blood loss can cause fatigue. Within the stool itself, most of the things that would be concerning would not necessarily be associated with pain until the late stages of the problem, and so it should be addressed before that time. Speaking with your doctor can help to determine if further treatment is needed or if this is just a normal process that has a ready explanation. Please speak with your doctor about these symptoms, and to see if there is a link between them.