ZocdocAnswersWhat could be orange diarrhea/skin rash?

Question

What could be orange diarrhea/skin rash?

Could orange diarrhea and skin rash and sore throat for six Weeks be related?

Answer

Thank you for this interesting question. In order to provide an accurate diagnosis, a doctor would need to review your entire medical history and perform a thorough physical exam. You may also require additional testing, including blood tests and possibly imaging studies. Only after collecting this information would it be possible to provide a possible diagnosis and treatment options. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to see a primary care physician. Changes in stool color can be due to changes in your diet. Certain medications can also cause a change in stool color. Finally, obstruction of the hepatobiliary system can cause a decrease in bile acids and their metabolites in stool, which often leads to a change in stool color. You will need to discuss these possibilities with a primary care doctor. Skin rash has many potential causes, and I would need more information on your specific rash to comment on a potential cause. Some causes include infection, allergic reaction, and autoimmune disorder. Sore throat also has many potential causes, including acid reflux, post-nasal drip, and infection. A physician would need to examine your throat and potential send a throat sample for viral studies to further evaluate this. I encourage you to see a primary care physician.