Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"If a guy gets kicked in the balls and masturbates and bleeds, could he still have kids?"

ZocdocAnswersIf a guy gets kicked in the balls and masturbates and bleeds, could he still have kids?


he only bleeds for that moment of wacking off but not any other time


I strongly suggest evaluation by your primary care doctor if you have experienced significant genital trauma, such as from a blow to the scrotum. Most of the time, these injuries are minor, but if there are persistent symptoms such as significant pain or, as in this case, blood, then this should be evaluated. Most of the time, injuries to the scrotum and testicles will heal over time and may not require any significant treatment other than medications for pain. If the bloody discharge is only minor and improving over time, then this also probably does not require any significant intervention other than observation to make sure things continue to improve. On the other hand, if there is significant amounts of bloody discharge or severe pain on palpating the testicles, then your doctor will probably want to get additional studies, such as an ultrasound, and they may want to refer you to a urologist. In the absence of severe symptoms, the risk of becoming infertile after an incident such as this is very low. However, once again, your doctor will be able to give you a better sense of your risk after they have conducted a physical examination. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Need more info?

See an urologist today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.