What is a slight bump on my finger?

Hi, hope I can get some clue as to what I have here on my hand... On the back of my knuckle there is a small,flesh colored patch that forms in a very slight mound. The skin is smooth and has hair growing on it, though some of the hairs are shorter than others as if they stopped growing. I've had this patch for years, but only recently ever since I had a scare with skin cancer (results benign) is it starting to make me a little worried. In the winter this patch looks dry and flaky, but usually it is pretty smooth. There are no real borders of this patch, other than where the mound ends and begins which makes it circular (kind of looks like a scar). I have had warts before, but this doesn't really look like one. Also, it's remained the same so many years that I don't think it would point to that. Any ideas what this could be? Primarily I'm worried that it's some sort of aggressive skin cancer or something.
If you are concerned about a lesion on your skin, I recommend that you see a dermatologist or other healthcare professional for formal evaluation, and possible treatment, if necessary. Skin lesions can have many causes, some benign and others more severe. The appearance of the lesion, as well as the size, texture and firmness can provide clinical clues as to the etiology of the lesion. "bumps" on the skin can have several sources. Common causes include lipoma, ganglion cyst, dermal nevus, chronic trauma. A lipoma is a growth of adipose cells, aka fat cells, in the subcutaneous tissue, and may present as a soft, mobile mass that is non-tender. These lesions are less commonly found on the hand. Dermal nevus is a mole that is below the epidermis and therefore results in no or minimal skin discoloration, but may cause elevation of the overlying skin. Ganglion cysts are quite common on the wrists and hands, and these are benign growths of soft tissue that present as firm mobile masses. Finally, it is common for regions on the hand that are exposed to chronic trauma, such as the dorsal finger tip that holds a pencil, to become enlarged and firm over time. All of these lesions are benign and can be watched. However, it is important to be seen by a doctor to make sure something more serious is not the cause of your concern.