ZocdocAnswersWhy am I getting lumps on my neck?

Question

Why am I getting lumps on my neck?

I am getting since a week. Hard lumps / cysts on my Neck. They are hard, size of a marble. They are there for about 10 days and then gone. But then I get is on another spot of my neck. I have had 4 now. Why am I getting this. No pimples. Hard cysts. And just on sides of my neck. What why??

Answer

Sorry to hear about this problem. It is hard for me to understand exactly what you are referring to, and I do need some more information. I strongly recommend speaking with your doctor about your concerns. If the bumps that you are referring to are superficial on your neck, and are very easy to palpate and almost feel that they are in the skin itself, it is more likely that these bumps have something to do with infected follicles or other small skin problems. This would have a very different treatment than other conditions, some of which would require more invasive testing before providing an accurate diagnosis. Depending on the other symptoms that you may or may not be having (such as fevers, chills, night sweats, fatigue, weight loss, etc), your doctor may feel that further testing is needed before proceeding with some sort of therapy to help you with your problem. It is hard for me to pinpoint what you may need without the information above, and even with that information it would be important to speak with a doctor for further treatment. Because neck masses can be from so many different things, and some of them are serious, I would suggest that you please speak with your doctor.