What causes my dizzy spells?

I've been having dizzy spells since I was 11. I am now 22. During an attack, my head gets this sharp fuzzy feeling and I feel uncoordinated. Many times I get nauseous along with the dizzy spell. The dizziness usually lasts for hours and usually goes away with sleep. I've been to a Cardiologist who diagnosed me an abnormal heart rhythm and prescribe me with Atenolol. I took it for a few years but it did not help. I've seen a Ear Nose Throat doctor and he did not know either. CT Scan showed nothing. My GP does not know. I'm going to see a Neurologist in 6 days. The room does not seem to be spinning so I don't think it's vertigo.
So sorry to hear about your continued problem. It sounds like you are working through your symptoms by visiting with the appropriate individuals to help you to get the answers that you need. Following the pattern that you have already started, it is often a good idea to start with your primary care doctor and then move on to specialists under his or her direction so that you are directed in some sort of pattern with a goal in mind. In general, dizziness can be divided into peripheral and central causes. Peripheral causes of vertigo have to do with the balance organs that are outside of your brain, such as the nerves and organs of the inner ear. For that reason, starting with an ear nose and throat surgeon (aka ENT aka otolaryngology-head and neck surgeon) was a reasonable choice. When this failed to demonstrate anything, many doctors would agree with the recommendation to see a neurologist. Some people will find that dizziness is another symptom of some types of headache, and nausea can at times be associated with a migraine. Other things can also cause a headache, which can be diagnosed and treated by your doctor. Please speak with your doctor.

Other Neurologists