Does a stuck kidney stone in lower ureter cause pain?

I've been diagnosed with a kidney stone almost 3 months ago, and I've had extreme pain until about a month or so ago. I've had no symptoms since, no blood in urine. The recent xray looked like it was stuck in lower ureter, but she wasn't certain. No blood in urinalysis, and no pain symptoms. Should I not be feeling pain from the stuck stone preventing urine flow, especially after such a long time?
Thank you for this interesting question, and I am glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing pain. In order to provide an accurate answer, I would need to review your entire medical history and also perform a physical exam. In addition, I would need to review your imaging studies in person. Only after collecting this information would it be possible to provide an accurate answer. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a urologist to discuss this issue. Nephrolithiasis, or kidney stones, occurs when certain minerals precipitate in the urinary system and develop small collections. These stones can be asymptomatic but can also cause pain if they cause trauma to the ureters or obstruct urine flow. Treatment typically involves analgesia and hydration to promote passage of the stone. In some cases, the stone is unable to pass through the urinary system and must be dissolved with lithotripsy or surgically removed. Rarely, the obstruction can lead to a severe urinary tract infection. Without seeing the x-ray, it will be impossible to determine the location of the stone. In some cases, a CT scan is necessary to provide more information. I encourage you to discuss this with a urologist.

Nearby Urological Surgeons

Other Urological Surgeons