ZocdocAnswersI wake up to find that I have ejaculated with no memory of me masturbating, is there medication for this?

Question

I wake up to find that I have ejaculated with no memory of me masturbating, is there medication for this?

I am not sure if it's premature ejaculation or something else but it only happens at night time when I am in bed.I wake up to find that I have ejaculated with no memory of me masturbating!!!Is there medication or some sort of cure for this???It's so annoying!!!Thank you for your help.

Answer

The first question I would have for you is how old you are. I would suggest that you consider scheduling an appointment with your primary care physician. Generally speaking, what you are describing seems like nocturnal ejaculation which is quite common in young men who are between the ages of 13 and 18. It is generally considered to be a normal part of puberty and can linger on after puberty has completed. It is especially common in those young men who are not sexually active and who do not masturbate regularly. The reaction is thought to be sort of a "cleaning house" reaction. In other words if it isn't getting out in the usual way, it will get out some way. In nearly all cases this is something that goes away on its own with no treatment. Most physicians would recommend continuing to just observe the situation and not recommend any medical treatments. I would suggest that you consider scheduling an appointment with your primary care physician. This could be an internal medicine physician or a family medicine physician, whoever you see for your general care. I think you are likely to get the same response that you have here and that is not to pursue any treatment. If treatment is really desired, you can consider treatment with a medication such as an SSRI which can inhibit or delay ejaculation.