What does it mean when I bleed and itch after defecating?

Sometimes it itches around my vagina even just from going pee, but it feels like it is getting stretched too much and is ripping the skin or irritating it or something. I don't know what to do. When I wear short shorts and they ride up, it makes it worse.
There are many conditions that can cause vaginal itching and irritation, so it is important to see your primary care doctor. If you are having pain and irritation related to urination, you could have a urinary tract infection which would need to be diagnosed by a urine analysis and urine culture. If you are having irritation or itching of the vagina even separate from urination, you could have vulvovaginitis, which can be caused by many different conditions. Infectious causes include a candidal infection (yeast infection), bacterial vaginosis, or trichomonas. Other causes of vaginitis can be inflammatory, such as lichen sclerosis, or allergic. Clothes, detergents, or chemicals can cause irritation or can worsen irritation from other infections. Sexually transmitted infections can also cause abnormal discharge and irritation. You could even have atrophy of the vaginal mucosa that would cause irritation, redness and even itching. The treatment for these different conditions varies by diagnosis, so I would strongly recommend that you make an appointment to see your primary care doctor so they can do a pelvic exam, an examination of your pelvic discharge, and a urine analysis if necessary. Particularly if you are having bleeding and itching, you definitely need to go see a doctor for an exam and proper treatment if necessary.

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045