Is it normal to not be able to fully extend or bend one's finger 2 months after jamming it?

I jammed my left ring finger 2 months ago after falling out of a truck. I still cannot straighten or bend it completely and my wedding ring no longer fits over my second knuckle (where the main injury was)
Sorry to hear about your injury. Of course one of the first things that comes to mind is whether or not this was just a jammed finger. There is always the concern that the injury could have been something more, such as a break. Sometimes such deeper traumas can lead to healing and scarring that can be difficult to treat after the fact, which is why some injuries require more immediate treatment. At this point, it will be important to speak with your doctor to determine what, if any, treatment is needed. He or she may want to take some x-rays to determine if there really was a fracture or something more, and also to guide you about how to improve your range of motion. The swelling will possibly take even longer to resolve, but this should be confirmed with your doctor. Please speak with your primary care doctor, who may choose to refer you to a hand specialist depending on your injury and recovery to date.

Other Sports Medicine Specialists