ZocdocAnswersWhy do I have lower abdominal pain?

Question

Why do I have lower abdominal pain?

one month back i had lower abdomen pain after 2 minute the right testical aslo started to pain. The pain was there for two hours after that i slept. again after one month same problem happened but this time its left testical and left lower abdomen. I have been to doctor and got ultra sound scanning but in that i was fine, but dont know the reason. I am not taking any food in for afternoon. recently. and i am sports person good physic i have.

Answer

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. It is not possible to provide an accurate diagnosis without knowing the full details of your medical history and performing a physical exam. I encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor to further evaluate your pain. Testicular pain can be caused by an infection, such as orchitis or epididymitis. You can also have pain from a hernia, when a loop of your intestines migrates into your scrotum. A blockage in the blood flow to your testicles, as during testicular torsion, can cause pain. You will need to undergo a thorough genital exam to determine if these diagnoses are causing your symptoms. Lower abdominal pain can be caused by constipation. Inflammatory bowel disease, such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's, can also cause pain. Appendicitis, or an infection within the appendix, can cause abdominal pain. An infection within small outpouchings on your colon, called diverticulitis, can also cause severe abdominal pain. Problems involving your liver, pancreas, gall bladder, and kidneys can also cause abdominal pain. I encourage you to raise these possibilities with a primary care doctor. After a thorough physical exam, you may need to undergo additional blood tests or even a CT scan.