My mouth waters so much I feel like I am choking, what could this be?

My mouth waters alot when i lay or sit down it does feel like i am choking and end up having a coughing fit
Sorry to hear about your problem. There are a couple of different possibilities for ptyalism, or hypersalivation. Often, it is not that the rate of saliva has actually increased, but there there is some decreased clearance of saliva from your mouth. This can come from many different reasons for decreased tongue mobility, ranging from neurological conditions that cause impaired swallowing, to tumors, to many other things that impair mobility of the tongue. It is important to speak with your doctor about this sort of problem, because many of these problems can be serious, and most of them need further investigation. Another option, of course, is that salivation has actually increased in your mouth. There are many causes of this as well. Things ranging from hydration, to diet, to impaired gland regulation can all potentially lead to increased saliva production. Infections, medications, and other systemic conditions can all cause increased saliva. Again, speaking with your doctor is important to make sure that you are treating appropriately and that something important is not missed. There are things that can be done, such as injecting the salivary glands with botox if needed. Again, please speak with your doctor to make sure that you are well.