I got a bug bite that turned black and blue, what should I do?

I got a bug bite on my arm that looked like a mosquito bite but the next morning the area around it was swollen up and it feels like the ending of the feeling after hitting your funny bone. It's right above my elbow. It tingles from the bite to my pinkie. It also turned a bit black and blue but the pain goes off and on. What's happened? What should I do? I can move it and write with my fingers but my hand feels weaker than the other.
Sorry to hear about your problem. It is hard to know exactly why your arm has changed color and why you have the other symptoms that you are having, but it is important that you discuss this question with your doctor. This is because of the potential for problems with healing. Obviously, there are some potentially dangerous things that could have bitten you, and what you describe is not a normal reaction. It is always helpful if you have some idea of what might have bitten you. Also, your doctor might have more or less concern about your injury after knowing your medical history because of the potential that you might have for delayed healing, ie, some medical conditions predispose people to having problems with wounds, such as smoking, diabetes, etc. Your doctor may feel to be more aggressive with treatment in such a situation, especially because the extremities have relatively low blood flow to begin with, and blood flow is important to allow these things to heal properly. The best thing that you can do is to speak with your doctor about your problem and get the treatment you need. Please speak with your doctor.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    6402 N New Braunfels Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Ashok Sinha
    Dr. Ashok Sinha DO
    1569 Buford Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024