Is there any safe way to get rid of penile papules?

i have penile papules and it has made me very nervous and ashamed when having sex so i usually dont keep the lights on because i dont want my girlfriend to see it even though she and i both know it is not a STD or any other disease. I just want to know if there are any safe ways for me to get rid of them. I havent tried anything so far, but i read online that toothpaste is one of the safest treatments.
If you are concerned about abnormal appearing lesions on your penis, I recommend that you seek formal evaluation by a healthcare professional for diagnosis and treatment, if necessary. Papules on the penis may have multiple causes, some benign and others more serious depending on the lesion. There are two types of wart-like papules commonly seen in genital areas. The first is genital warts caused by the human papilloma virus. These are painless, cauliflower-like appearing lesions that can grow anywhere on the skin surface exposed to virus. They are often found in clusters. The more sexual partners you have had, the higher the risk of contracting this condition. Another type of papular lesion is called moluscum, which is produced by a virus and is also found on the skin surface. It may be hard to differentiate between types and therefore evaluation by a dermatologist or primary care doctor is important. Other causes of skin papules can include infections such as fungus or herpes, however, the latter is associated with open sores and are generally painful. Finally, freckles and moles can present as raised lesions on the genital area, and may be associated with abnormal coloration. If you are unsure of the cause, I recommend seeing a doctor who can provide you with a diagnosis.