Click to book now:

After I eat I get a pain in my stomach. Why?

This past week i have been getting this really bad pain in my stomach! It gets worst after i eat. At 1st i thought it was hunger cuzz its a pain like my stomach is empty but after i eat the pain is 10 times worse!
You are describing abdominal pain after you eat. You could be suffering from peptic ulcer disease, so it is important to speak with your primary care doctor. Peptic ulcers can occur in the stomach or the small intestine. It can be associated with abdominal pain after eating a meal. Peptic ulcer disease could be caused by excessive coffee or alcohol consumption. It could also be caused by medications such as ibuprofen and any medications in the NSAID category because it weakens the lining of the stomach. It can also be caused by a bacteria called H. Pylori. Peptic ulcer disease can be complicated by bleeding if left untreated. The ulcer can eventually erode through the stomach and cause a perforation, which is a medical emergency. Another potential cause of abdominal pain after eating is mesenteric ischemia. It is caused by a lack of blood flow to a certain region of the colon, which causes pain after eating. It is associated with rectal bleeding. You should make an appointment with your primary care doctor to have your symptoms evaluated. Depending on your doctor, you may need an endoscopy which is a camera that goes down your esophagus to examine your stomach.If you have any signs of bleeding or severe abdominal pain, you should go to your local emergency room.
Find doctors and make appointments online!
(Dermatologist, Dentist, etc.)
(Zip, City, State)