ZocdocAnswersHeart, nose bleed, then I had a headache. Is it important?

Question

Heart, nose bleed, then I had a headache. Is it important?

earlier my heart , later on my nose bleed , then had a headache

Answer

It is difficult for me to piece together precisely what happened based on your question. However, given the multitude of complaints, I strongly encourage you to discuss this further with your doctor. Nose bleeds are extremely common and typically cause by local trauma. Other factors, such as dry nasal mucosa, can increase risk of bleeding. If you are taking a blood thinner such as coumadin, you may be at increased risk of nose bleeds. Very rarely, hereditary conditions such as hereditary hemorrhagic telangectasia can cause abnormal blood vessels to form through your body, including your nose, and these patients often have recurrent nose bleeds. You will need to be evaluated by your doctor to help determine the specific cause of your nose bleed. Headaches are also extremely common. Patients often experience headache due to fatigue, lack of sleep, or hypoglycemia. Another common form is a tension headache, which is often caused by muscle tension in the neck. Migraine headaches typically cause unilateral head pain, nausea, and increased sensitivity to light and noise. These often resolved with sleep, but they may require more potent medication to abort the episode. Rarely, headache can be caused by stroke. Without knowing the full details of your complaint or your medical history, I cannot provide an accurate diagnosis, and I strongly encourage you to raise your concerns with your doctor.