How do I know if I'm fertile?

My boyfriend and I finally conceived after a year of trying. We found out we were 6 weeks pregnant but as soon as we found out, we lost it a few days later. I'm wondering if we will ever be able to have babies. I wonder if I'll ever be able to carry a baby full term?
At this time I do not think that there is enough information for myself or any other physician to be able to tell whether or not you will be able to carry a baby all the way to term. So it is important to discuss your concern with your OBGYN. The first thing that you must understand is that a spontaneous abortion, also known as a miscarriage, is an extremely common event especially within the first 6 to 8 weeks of pregnancy. It sounds like this is what you may have had. Most OBGYNs will not start a long workup for infertility with one miscarriage. It is estimated that they occur in somewhere between 25 and 40% of all pregnancies. In fact, many women do not even know that they had a miscarriage as the symptoms of miscarriage are often the same as simply getting your period. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OBGYN. After a miscarriage, it is usual for the OB/GYN to want to perform a pelvic ultrasound to look for signs of retained products of conception. Most of the time these fall out naturally, but sometimes they are to be removed. If your uterus appears normal on the ultrasound, there won't be any reason that we can see now why you wouldn't be able to become pregnant again and carry a baby to full term.