ZocdocAnswersCan a women get pregnant if she noticed a little bit of blood after sex?

Question

Can a women get pregnant if she noticed a little bit of blood after sex?

I accidently ejaculated in my girlfriend when we was done I noticed a very little blood own me is it less likely she won't be pregnant cause of that

Answer

Bleeding during or after sex is something many women experience sometime in their lives, however it is important that she is evaluated by a doctor. It is common in women between ages of 20 and 40. A woman's cervix is rich in blood vessels, and is usually the source of bleeding commonly brought on by vaginal intercourse. It is normal when there is enough friction during sexual intercourse, and your girlfriend doesn't use enough lubricant to reduce the friction. Bleeding can also occur if the cells of her cervix are inflamed or abnormal that any injury to it can cause bleeding noticed after intercourse. If she has vaginal bleeding after sexual intercourse now and then, but not often, it may be normal. In most cases, it is the result of harmless cervical change. On the other hand, a recurrent vaginal bleeding may not be normal, and should be evaluated by a doctor to determine a cause. Does she have other symptoms? Two common sexually transmitted disease that can cause vaginal bleeding after intercourse are chlamydia or gonorrhea if she has other symptoms such as vaginal discharge, irritation or a burning sensation when urinating. There are a number of other possible causes and she needs to visit a doctor soon for a diagnosis. During the visits, your doctor can give her a pelvic exam and look closely at her cervix for any lesion. He or she may also order the routine Pap smear to check for cervical cancer.