ZocdocAnswersCould I have gotten myself pregnant again this soon?

Question

Could I have gotten myself pregnant again this soon?

Ok. I am obviously not a very responsible person. Ill admit this. Here is the story. August 8th thursday I had had taken my first pill from an abortion clinic.friday night august 9th I took the 2nd pill. I waited 1 week and had sex. The condom broke . Well went 4 my follow up to make sure procedure went ok on august 21st . I told them about wat happened and they gave me a plan b .. which made no sense because that would b day 6 and it says only up to 5 days its offective. So I took it. . Nowimy boyfriend and I had sex the next day with a condom but he took it off with out my knowledge but didnt ejaculate inside me.

Answer

How long has it been since the last time you had sex without the condom? The short answer to your question is yes, you could be pregnant and it is important to speak to your doctor. Pregnancy can happen even in the unlikeliest of circumstances, and the best thing for you to do would be to go to your clinic, a planned parenthood, or a drug store and take a pregnancy test. In addition, if you are concerned, you can also take Plan B again, particularly if you don't suffer from the side effects. However, I would certainly recommend taking a pregnancy test and going to see a doctor. Also, this may be a good time to think about other birth control options. If you know you don't want to be pregnant in the near future, there are some really good long term options, such as the Mirena or the copper IUD, which are placed in your womb and can last for 5-10 years, which are great low / no hormone options. Other options include: birth control pills, which is a pill you take every day; Depo-Provera shot, a shot that you get every three months; implanon- a tiny rod that a doctor can place in your arm and also lasts for longer than a year. Please take some time to consider your options and talk to your doctor about them!