What could be wrong with my head?

I have had a few bangs to the head over the years, only one diagnosed concussion. My MRI from the most recent bang (spring) came back clear in the end of June. However, my headaches will not go away. Though mostly dull, they are constant and occasionally spike up to more painful. I also always feel tired and take a ton of naps on top of getting 7 hours minimum of sleep a night. Usually around 8 or nine. So what could be the problem or what could I look for since the MRI was clear?
There are a lot of different things that can cause headaches. Certainly falling on or banging your head (trauma) can cause headaches, but you can have headaches that are totally unrelated to any trauma and it is important to see a doctor. There are many questions that doctors would ask you to get a better sense of what your headaches are like: for example where in your head are the headaches (in the front on your forehead, over your temples, in the back, etc)? Do you have any vision changes related to the headaches? Are the headaches worst in the morning? Does light or sound make the headaches worse? All of these are important questions to distinguish what kind of headache you are having, which matters because it makes a difference on how you should treat it. Something that I find very helpful with my primary care patients is asking them to keep a headache journal before they come to see me for a couple weeks. Keep track of when you get your headaches (what time of day), how long they last, where they are, and if there are any associated symptoms (vision changes, sensitivity to light, nausea, vomiting, etc). If your headaches aren't going away I would absolutely see a doctor about it so that they can evaluate you, doing a physical exam, and ask you all these questions in person.

Other Neurologists