ZocdocAnswersWhat is wrong if my systolic number is 103 and my diastolic number is 90?

Question

What is wrong if my systolic number is 103 and my diastolic number is 90?

Bp reading is 103/90 and I am sweating but my skin feels cold and clammy ,limbs feel weak and mild shortness of breathe,what does this mean?

Answer

I am not quite sure what this may mean in your specific situation, but would suggest that you speak with your doctor immediately about your concerns. For many people, the numbers of blood pressure (described as 103/90) would be quite good, and normal for others. The fact that you are having those numbers in the setting of being sweaty and clammy suggests that you need to speak with your doctor to see if there is something more serious going on. There are times that the blood pressure will be quite low due to problems with the heart, and when the brain and the rest of the body sense this low blood pressure they will try to divert all of the blood to the vital organs of the body. This can lead to clammy and cool skin, in addition to the other symptoms that you are describing. In a worst case scenario, this could be a sign of a life threatening condition, although that is impossible to say for sure. If you are having concerns, please speak with your doctor immediately, have someone drive you to an emergency department, or call 911. Please speak with your doctor very soon.