What might be causing my hip pain?

Ok, I have pain in my hips quite often. Its one of those pains that feels like if it would just pop, it would stop. Also, if I have someone push on my very lower back/tail bone area, the pain stops completely, is there something specifically that might be causing this?
It is difficult to tell from the description provided what cause of your hip pain is, so it is important that you make an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. One very important factor that I think would be relevant here is your age. In younger people, the common cause of hip pain is not osteoarthritis which is very common in older folks. Assuming you are younger, hip pain can be due to a few different reasons. Probably the most common reason is a labral tear. This is a tear in the cartilage that serves to help cushion the joint. People report pain with movement, popping, and sometimes the hip catching. A labral tear is confirmed by an MRI of the hip joint. This pain is usually not affected by any pressure in the tailbone area, and thus it is possible that you have a lower lumbar nerve problem that is radiating or referring to the hip area. This might be the case if you get an MRI of the hip and it is completely normal. In this case an MRI the lumbar spine might be the more prudent test to perform. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon who is a special interest in hip pain and hip surgery. This way to get the proper diagnostic testing done and determine what the cause of your pain is and what her best course of action should be from here.

Other Chiropractors