ZocdocAnswersCan I get tested one more time?

Question

Can I get tested one more time?

3 years back i made a sex with call girl , at that time my comdom fails , then i made hiv-elisa test after 3 & 6 months it was negative , after 1 year again i made test it was also negative , my question is can i go for one more time for test or not please hel me sir

Answer

I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. If I were taking care of you the first question I would have is whether or not you have engaged in any further risky behavior such as unprotected sexual intercourse or sharing needles while using IV drugs. If you are or were recently engaging in these activities, then I would probably retest you. If you have not engaged in any of this high risk activity, then I probably would not test you. Three negative HIV tests certainly rule out HIV in you. Plus, you don't even know if the call girl you were with had HIV. If she did, a one time unprotected encounter would give you the risk of transmission of about 1/800. Certainly this is enough to test you 1 or 2 times for HIV and other sexually transmitted infections but I would not test you a 4th time. Again, I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can review the activities you have participated in recently and decide if any of them are worth retesting you. If you are retested, perhaps you should also get hepatitis C, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis testing just to make sure you don't have any of these other infections.