ZocdocAnswersDo I have STDs?

Question

Do I have STDs?

two dayz ago i had sex with my patner whom i headnt had unprotected sex with for a long time then the next day my penis started itching ,i ddnt realy pay much attention to that, then another day goes by and the itching didn't stop so when i checked i see small pimple all over my penis head and inside my fore skin ........ i would like to know wats wrong.im only 18years old

Answer

Unfortunately, no STD can be diagnosed without an exam by a physician. Your situation is no exception. However, I will say that itching the day after sex is not a typical symptom of an STD. The most common STDs include infections with the bacteria gonorrhea or chlamydia. These bacteria can be without symptoms, but when they do cause symptoms, they usually cause burning with urination and discharge from the end of the penis. They do not cause itching per se. The pimple that you have in your penis head could be a number of different things, but it is possible that this represents the genital wart which is a type of STD that is caused by the virus HPV. Again, the only way to tell for sure is to be examined by a physician who can determine what the lesion is. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can examine your penis and perform the routine STD screening. This will include a urine test for gonorrhea and chlamydia, and might include additional testing for HIV and syphilis if needed. If the pimple appears to be a genital wart, you can get the appropriate treatment which might included cream or some local treatment.