ZocdocAnswersI'm a woman and I have a stinging sensation when I pee, what could it be?

Question

I'm a woman and I have a stinging sensation when I pee, what could it be?

Have a creamy discharge and so stinging sensation like razor blade cuts in my underwear and wen I wee

Answer

This can be very distressing symptom. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. I would have to say that the vast majority of time when a woman complains of burning or stinging with urination a urinary tract infection is at the top of the list of possible causes. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria, usually bacteria that enter the bladder from the outside, grow in the bladder causing pain, fever, and burning with urination. A urinary tract infection can also cause pelvic pain and sometimes back pain when the infection travels up towards the kidneys. This feared complication called pyelonephritis is the reason why you should always get treated for a urinary tract infection right away. The creamy discharge you're experiencing is probably not related to urinary tract infection and may just be a normal finding. However, it could also be indicative of the yeast infection or another type of vaginal infection. Another possibility is that you've developed a sexually transmitted infection that is causing both the discharge in the stinging with urination. For these reasons I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. A simple urinalysis and probably test for gonorrhea or chlamydia if you have had unprotected sex with a new partner would be wanted. If the urinalysis showed infection, you should be treated with antibiotics.