ZocdocAnswersWhat is a dry white mark on my neck?

Question

What is a dry white mark on my neck?

Just notice a dry white mark on my neck dont know what it is

Answer

Sorry to hear about your concern and I recommend discussing this with your doctor. There are many potential causes of dry and irritated skin, and each of them may apply to different people in different situations. Often, after trauma, exposure, or repeated irritation, the skin will be dry and irritated, which can lead to changes in the skin color among other features of the skin. There is therefore some potential that this area has been recently irritated. Another common cause of hypo-pigmented and dry skin is a condition called eczema, which is especially common among individuals with atopy (a fancy word to describe patients prone to allergies and asthma, among other ailments). Moving beyond these common answers are things such as infection, local growths, and metabolic changes, any of which can appear in a manner similar to what you have described under the right circumstances. For that reason, it would be best for you to speak with your doctor about your concerns so that you can get some better and more personalized information. While lotions and creams may provide short term improvement, it is important to make sure and work closely with your doctor to make sure that you have appropriate care. Please speak with your doctor about your question.