How to get rid of a cold?

Head pessure ear pressure ear ache my head feels heavy all the time
Thank you for your question. I recommend that you speak with your doctors">doctor about your concern. Unfortunately, the common cold is one of the most common ailments that we all have to deal with. Generally speaking, while there is no simple answer to get better quickly, there are some things that can be done. First, some of the "old wives tale" remedies such as vitamin c, honey and lemon juice, etc are not well proven. That being said, there are usually few risks to following some of them, and so it is not uncommon to try different things. The best advice that doctors give to patients include getting plenty of rest, drinking plenty of fluids, washing your hands frequently, and trying to be as healthy as you can. This sort of supportive care tends to minimize the time that you are ill. Ear pain and pressure can sometimes be helped with decongestants that are available over the counter, and other medications such as oxymetazoline can serve a role in improving nasal congestion and sometimes ear pain as well. Each of these should only be used as directed. If the symptoms persist for more than about 5-7 days, it may be a sign of a sinus or other infection. Please speak with your doctor for more information.