Do I have regular HPV or genital HPV?

I shaved my pelvic area with the same razor I shave my stomach. A few days later I notice 1 single small wart grow 3 inches under my belly button, right where the pubic hair starts, 4 inches above my penis. I did have a small wart many months ago on my stomach where I shaved recently. I've never had a wart in that area and I don't and never had warts grow on my scrotum penis or groin area. Is that maybe a flat wart that grew because I had it previously on my stomach and now I infects my self when I shaved my pubic hair on my pelvic area? I also haven't had sex in over a year ( sad but true). So even though this is just over the Internet and I know I can't get a straight answer unless I go in person, does this sound like general warts or maybe a flat wart that just grew? I also want to know if I touch a flat wart, then touch my genitalia will it transfer there? Or is it a different strain?
Thank you for your question. You are correct, it is hard to say for sure what sort of wart that you are describing, so I recommend that you speak with your doctor. There are many many different strains of human papillomavirus, which are common for many of the warts and wart like growths that we have on our body. Most of the time it is difficult to differentiate which strain of virus is active just by looking at the shape of the wart itself, or even the location. This requires further investigation with special lab techniques that are used on occasion, but not always. The reason that some of the strains are important, or more relevant, than others, is that some strains of HPV have been associated with cancer due to their ability to disrupt the normal cell cycle and allow unrestrained cell growth. While not the sexually transmitted disease that most people think about, it is one of the most common STDs, and is another good reason to use protection during intercourse and any sexual activity, and to practice safe sex habits. The virus itself can get into the cells in a manner that is difficult to treat fully, and so the symptoms are generally addressed. Again, please speak with your doctor.