I've been drinking about a gallon of water a day, could I have diabetes?

Naturally, I'm urinating more, but, to the tune of 12-18 times a day. I don't know if I'm craving water as in thirsty all the time, or, water is just that easy to drink. I'm concerned about warning signs of diabetes. From what I've searched I'm not showing any other signs.
This is an excellent question, and one that should be evaluated by a medical professional to rule out any underlying conditions that are serious and require treatment versus something benign such as the fact that water is easy to drink as you mentioned. Diabetes can certainly manifest itself as increased thirst as well as increased urination and so this is something that your primary care doctor can test for an evaluate and treat you for if indeed this is the cause of your increased thirst. There are other serious conditions that can affect you that would manifest themselves with increased thirst, and these can be very serious because drinking too much water can alter the sodium levels in your body and this cause lead to seizures, and perhaps even death. There are several endocrine abnormalities that may lead to an increase in the thirst mechanism and so your physician may also test your blood for a variety of markers to see if you have an endocrine abnormality causing your increased thirst. Because of the seriousness of the potential causes of your condition, it is advisable that you are evaluated by a medical professional as soon as possible, to avoid any potentially serious issues that may arise.

Nearby Endocrinologists

Other Endocrinologists