ZocdocAnswersI've been having sharp pains in my lower stomach, diarrhea, headaches, back pains. What's wrong with me?

Question

I've been having sharp pains in my lower stomach, diarrhea, headaches, back pains. What's wrong with me?

Ive been having sharp pains in my lower stomach, diarrhea, headaches, back pains, always tired, always hungry, pinkish discharge, and my period came early and only lasted for 3 days which is ood. I don't know whats wrong with me.

Answer

This is a good question. It is very important that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss your symptoms and have a full history and physical. Depending on what your doctor discovers during your appointment, he or she may order additional testing such as blood work, a urine sample, or some imaging of your abdomen and pelvis. There are many potential causes for your symptoms. The first is that you have a viral gastrointestinal infection. This can cause cramping pains in your stomach, diarrhea and sometimes vomiting, fatigue, fever, and headaches. Another possibility is that you are pregnant and the "period" that you experienced was actually implantation bleeding. If you are sexually active and there is any chance you could be pregnant your doctor will likely order a pregnancy test. Another possible cause of your symptoms is irritable bowel syndrome which is usually characterized by alternating diarrhea and constipation, bloating, cramping, and fatigue. Again, it is very important that you seek medical care as soon as possible to get a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment for your symptoms. In the meantime, drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, and stick to a bland diet such as dry toast, applesauce, and rice.