There's blood in my poop, what could be wrong?

I've been whipping some times I see blood in my poop and then tonight I whiped and there was blood in my poop and on the toilet paper there was a lot so I am very worried
Stool comes in a range of colors that are generally influenced by what you eat as well as the amount of bile in your stool and is thus considered to be normal. However, if your stool is bright red or black, it may be an indication of internal bleeding that can have multiple causes. I recommend visiting a doctor for a diagnosis and prompt medical care. It is important to take notice of stool color to locate the site of bleeding. It sounds that your stool color is bright-red or maroon, which is possibly an indication of bleeding in the lower gastrointestinal tract, such as the large intestine or rectum. It is often from hemorrhoids or anal fissure (tear in the skin of the anus). Diverticulitis and inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis) can also result in blood passed in the stool. Blood in the stool may not always be a cause of a serious condition, but it should always be checked by a doctor to rule out colon polyps or colorectal cancer. Polyps are benign but can grow, bleed and become cancerous. Colorectal cancer is a common form of cancer that can usually be cured if diagnosed and treated early enough. For this reason, it is important to have your doctor evaluate any bleeding in the stool. Good luck.

Other Gastroenterologists

• Dr. Victor Yang
    Dr. Victor Yang MD
    7737 Southwest Freeway
    Houston, TX 77074
  • Dr. Kamran Ayub
    Dr. Kamran Ayub MD
    9921 Southwest Highway
    Oak Lawn, IL 60453
  • Dr. Andrew Collins
    Dr. Andrew Collins MD
    6020 E. Arbor Ave
    Mesa, AZ 85206