Can you miss your period if you have a bladder infection?

i have had back pain for over 2 week and recently my doctor called my mother and said i had a bladder infection. i missed my period and i am worried if i am pregnant
Please speak with your OB/GYN. In general, a bladder infection or kidney infection should not have any impact on the timing of your cycle. The first thing you should do is make sure that you get adequately treated for your bladder infection with antibiotics. This should start with you getting a urinalysis and urine culture with your doctor and subsequently getting the right antibiotics. You don't want to develop a significant kidney infection or abscess because of a delay in treating this infection. In some cases it can be life-threatening. Simultaneously, if you have recently missed your period and you have had unprotected sex recently I would suggest that you go out and buy a home pregnancy test of the local grocery store. These tests are fairly easy to use and they are quite accurate. If possible, this test should be done prior to starting the antibiotics, though this the antibiotics should not be delayed because you can't get a hold of the test. If the test is positive, or you are still worried that you could be pregnant regardless, then you should schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN. Your doctor can perform another pregnancy test in the office to to tell whether you are pregnant or not. If you are, then getting treated for this urinary tract infection is all that more important.

Nearby OB-GYNs