How do I know if I have a uti or a yeast infection?

Okay so I was reading up on some symptoms of both and I have qualities of both but not everything. I been really itchy down there and just yesterday I had sex and now I got a slight burning sensation when I pee or I feel like I keep needing to go pee and little or nothing comes out and burns after. What can I do or buy to help it?
You need to make an appointment with your primary care doctor or gynecologist immediately. There is no way to know for certain what is causing your symptoms until you see a doctor and have a complete history and physical and appropriate testing. A yeast infection is typically characterized by intense vaginal itching, thick, white, "cottage cheese-like" discharge, and inflammation of the vulva. Your doctor may be able to tell that you have a yeast infection simply by inspecting your vagina during a pelvic exam or he or she may need to take a culture to determine the diagnosis. A urinary tract infection, or UTI, usually presents as pain and hesitancy with urination. Blood in the urine, fever, lower abdominal and/or back pain may also be present. Your doctor will have you provide a urine sample to determine if this is the cause of your symptoms. It is also possible that you are suffering from both a yeast infection and a UTI. Since you are sexually active you should also be tested for STDs as these can present in many different ways. Again, it is very important to see your doctor as soon as possible to get a correct diagnosis and treatment.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    6402 N New Braunfels Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Ashok Sinha
    Dr. Ashok Sinha DO
    1569 Buford Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024