ZocdocAnswersWhy are my glands still swollen after more than 2 months?

Question

Why are my glands still swollen after more than 2 months?

My neck glands have been swallon for 2-3 months. I have bad joint pain, dizziness, fatigue, feel very weak. My glands in my neck hurt when touches and underarm glands hurt when pushed- glands in neck are hard and do not move. I have had a temperature on and off for a while- I have has for the past 2-3 months a site throat which is red and a yellow/white furry tongue. I have been experiencing headaches lately that do not go away. I recently went to the doctors and he applied pressure on my sleen, liver and the middle of my abdomen- all these hurt a lot and spleen area is hurting as I lie down. I had gallendular 4 years ago, have had blood tests and they have all come back normal during the past 2 months, what exactly is wrong with me?

Answer

Sorry to hear about all of the problems that you are having, and hope that you are able to come to some sort of answer in the near future to help you feel better. It is important to communicate with your doctor about these questions, as it is likely that he or she has suggested some possible ideas as to what is causing your symptoms. He or she will have full access to the tests that have been completed, and will have asked you numerous other questions as well. From what you have provided, there are several things that can cause swollen lymph nodes and other symptoms throughout your body. Many of these are simple things such as viruses, that all of us come into contact with at some point but can be difficult to endure. Mononucleosis is one such virus that can cause swollen lymph nodes, a sore throat, and a tender abdomen with some swelling. Other things such as blood disorders or disorders of the lymph nodes and immune system can also cause some of these same problems. The key thing is that you need to speak with your doctor, and perhaps see a specialist if needed. Please speak with your doctor.