Why do I have bloody sperm?

I am only 18 years old, not sexually active. And have had bloody sperm for about a week now. My mom has PKD, is this a sign that I have PKD? I am freaking out
Seeing bloody sperm (blood in your semen) can be frightening. It is not uncommon for men to experience bloody sperm during their lifetime, but please visit a doctor soon to discuss what could be the cause.. Fortunately, it rarely signals a major medical problem, especially in men under the age of 40. There are a number things that can cause bloody sperm. The most common causes of bloody semens include prostatitis, epididymitis, gonorrhea, chlamydia infection, prostate biopsy, urethral or prostate surgery, vigorous sexual intercourse, or trauma to the urinary tract or prostate. The tissues of the male reproductive system are very fragile that any impact or strain can cause a small blood vessel to break and leak blood into the semen. Some more sinister causes include prostate cancer, testicular cancer, bladder cancer, or tuberculosis. In older males or those with high risk for these problems, it should be investigated. Bleeding often stop on their own. If it is prolonged for more than 2-3 weeks, this should be evaluated by a doctor. It is unlikely that blood in semen is a sign and symptom of polycystic kidney disease. A symptom of PKD is blood in urine. Please go see a doctor as soon as possible to determine what might be causing it. Since you have a parent with PKD, you can also discuss with your doctor the pros and cons of screening for this disorder

Nearby Urologists

Other Urologists