Is it safe to have anal sex then vaginal sex straight after?

I had anal sex than vaginal sex straight after, but he did wipe himself with a tissue. I'm scared I may have an infection although have had no symptoms such as itching or soreness, however my front smells like my behind. Does this mean I have an infection? this happened just over a month ago
You should make an appointment with your primary care doctor of obgyn and have your symptoms examined more thoroughly. Your vagina has beneficial bacteria such as lactobacillus that produces an acidic environment. This acidic environment ensures that other bacteria, yeasts, and other organisms do not overgrow and cause problems. This is also the reason why women do not have to clean the inside of their vaginas because it is self cleaning in a sense. When you disrupt the balance, you can run into problems. By having anal sex and then vagina sex without thoroughly cleaning the penis cause introduce bacteria inside the vagina. These bacteria can overgrow and cause an infection, leading to bad odors. Bacteria from the anus can also cause urinary tract infections since the opening of the urethra is close to the vagina. For these reasons, it is not a good idea to have anal sex and then vagina sex immediately after. Another thing to avoid is having the male partner ejaculate inside the vagina. Semen is basic in pH and can cause the acidic environment of the vagina to lose its defense against bacteria. Again, You should make an appointment with your primary care doctor of obgyn and have your symptoms examined more thoroughly. Other things to rule out is sexually transmitted diseases as these can sometimes be asymptomatic.

• Dr. Eric Kirschner
    Dr. Eric Kirschner MD
    38 East 32nd Street
    New York, NY 10016
  • Dr. Mahyar Eidgah
    Dr. Mahyar Eidgah MD
    310 East 14th St
    New York, NY 10003
  • Dr. Bruce Chung
    Dr. Bruce Chung MD
    160 East 32nd Street
    New York, NY 10016