search

location

insurance

close

Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"Is there a safe way to grow the male penis?"

ZocdocAnswersIs there a safe way to grow the male penis?

Question

I just wanted to know a safe way on how to grow the male penis? Nothing is wrong with it and its normal size but I just wanted a professional opinion instead of this fake commercials.

Answer

If you are concerned about your penis, I recommend that you see a urologist or healthcare professional for formal evaluation. There is no validated way to increase the size of the male penis. The average male penis size varies by region of the globe. In the United States, the average male penis length erect is approximately 5-6 inches in length. Penis size has been shown to poorly correlated with body height and weight or body mass index. Although there are many advertisements for male enhancement, there is currently no medically approved medication to increase the size of the male penis, either flaccid or erect. Many of theses non-FDA approved treatments and supplements may provide either no benefit or even put patients at risk for side effects. There is some data to show that endocrine dysfunction during development may result in abnormal genitalia development, and specifically small penis size. There are devices that certain males may use, such as vacuum pumps, however, inappropriate use of these devices may lead to traumatic injury. If you intend to try certain devices or take supplements, it is very important that you discuss these options with you doctor first as you may be putting your body at risk.

Need more info?

See a doctor today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.

Find doctors by city
Find doctors by specialty
Find doctors by popular insurances