Post appendectomy abdominal fluid/inflammation, what should I do?

Hello, I had a traditional appendectomy on August 6th, couple of weeks later, I was diagnosed with small amounts of fluid in my abdominal cavity which later got inflamed and I was given IV antibiotics for the infection and couple of days later symptoms were gone and I was feeling okay. I had X-rays, CT scan, Blood/urince tests, ultrasound, they said I had no abscesses and that after the infection would be gone the water would absorb itself. Right now I\'m experiencing light symptoms coming back. What should I do? Any advice? Also the lymph node behind my right ear is swollen.
Fluid in your abdominal cavity is not uncommon after surgery. It can be normal postoperative fluid that develops or something more insidious such as infection or blood. I would like to emphasize to you that you should see your physician to discuss your concerns and the nature of the fluid you developed. The body will usually reabsorb fluid in the abdominal cavity over the course of several days to weeks if there is no lingering infection. If you are experiencing fever, chills, increasing abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, these may be signs that you may have an infection. Abdominal pain after an operation is not uncommon and may persist longer than usual if the operation was complicated by an infection. Typically, postoperative pain is described as soreness that is greatest at the site of incision. However, every one has a different tolerance for pain and the type of pain you are experiencing may be either typical or atypical. As such, I again recommend that you see your physician for a detailed evaluation. It is impossible to receive a diagnosis without being properly evaluated by a physician. You should consult your surgeon or primary care physician for further evaluation of your symptoms and concerns.

Other Surgeons