ZocdocAnswersI have burps that taste bad that sometimes make me vomit, what could it be?

Question

I have burps that taste bad that sometimes make me vomit, what could it be?

For the last month or so its been off and on I wont have burps for like a week then non stop buring the next week with stomach pains

Answer

Sorry to hear about your problem. It is not possible to completely answer this question without more information and a physical exam, which is why I suggest you visit your doctor to discuss your concern. That being said, there are some clues and information that we can discuss from what you have provided. One of the rules that doctors use is that common things are common. This means that it is possibly a common medical problem that is causing your symptoms, although this is not always the case. Some of the most common things that can cause some of the symptoms that you describe have to do with reflux. For many of us, as we age, we are more prone to having relaxation of sphincters that help to keep the gastric contents where they should be. These problems are exacerbated by stress, caffeine, eating late, and almost all of the other things that we are often forced to do in today's world. When a patient has reflux, this can lead to burping and a foul taste, and for some people this can also be associated with vomiting. There are many other things that could cause these same symptoms, however, and it is important that you speak with your doctor because some of these are serious. Please speak with your doctor.