Woke up from a deep sleep and my heart is pounding extremely fast, what does this mean?

I woke up two nights ago from a deep sleep and my heart was pounding and today I looked in the mirror and saw a red line through my right eye like I cut it or something? I did not cut my eye or have any clue how it got there? Just wondering what this all means?
This is a good question. It is important that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss your symptoms and have a full history and physical. Waking up from a deep sleep with a pounding heart can be a sign of anxiety. If you are suffering from a lot of stress in your life or are experiencing other signs of anxiety such as change in appetite or insomnia, this makes anxiety a likely cause of your symptoms. It is also possible that you are waking up in the middle of a scary or threatening dream. Caffeine can also cause a fast heart rate so try to limit any sources of caffeine, especially after lunchtime. Another possibility is that you are suffering from a heart arrhythmia, such as atrial fibrillation, although this would be more rare. The red line in your eye, if it is not painful, is likely just a pronounced blood vessel. This can occur for many reasons, such as a lack of sleep in your case. It can also be caused by excessive coughing or straining on the toilet. Again, it is very important for you to make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible to obtain a correct diagnosis and get appropriate treatment.