What can I do about my excessive sweating?

Saw my regular GP and my dermatologist w/ no results. What can be my next step?
Thanks for your question. There are a number of different things that can be done to help with excessive sweating, although you will need to determine how problematic your issue is and how aggressive you would like to be in the treatment of it. That is why I recommend discussing it with your doctor. Most often, hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating, is managed medically. This means that medications and topical creams that help to reduce sweating will be the first line. Most of us are familiar with the anti-perspirant chemicals that can be added to deoderants and other hygiene products and help some people with excessive sweating. In addition to these common products, there are other products that can be available by speaking with a physician. As it sounds like you have already worked with your primary care doctor and even a dermatologist, it may be appropriate to consider surgical therapies. There are procedures available that can reduce the sympathetic innervation of the sweat glands, helping to reduce the amount of sweating that a person does. Obviously, surgical procedures do carry some risk, and so you will need to speak with your doctor and surgeon to determine if it is right for you. Please speak with your doctor about this.

Other Surgeons