My right ear has been ringing, what can I do about it?

my dr checked my ears last week and said they were clear. what can i do about it
Sorry to hear about this problem and I recommend that you speak with your doctor. What you are describing sounds like something that doctors refer to as tinnitus, or a ringing in the ears. This can present in many different ways for different people, and it also varies in how much it bothers the people who have it. For some, it can be a debilitating condition that interferes with almost everything that they do in life. Fortunately, there are some things that can be done to help with your problem. First and foremost, you will need to speak with the kind of doctor that treats this condition. In general, neurologists and otolaryngology-head and neck surgeons (aka ENT aka ear nose and throat surgeon) are the kinds of doctors who are involved in treating this condition. Often, a hearing test is needed to make sure that your ears are hearing as they should. After that, depending on what the doctor finds, he may order additional tests such as an x-ray or other imaging of your head. The key thing is to get started by speaking with the right kind of doctor so that you can get the diagnosis and treatment you need. Please speak with your doctor.

• Dr. Haitham Masri
    Dr. Haitham Masri MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    13530 Michigan Ave
    Dearborn, MI 48126
  • Dr. Steven Miller
    Dr. Steven Miller MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102
  • Dr. Matthew Jepsen
    Dr. Matthew Jepsen MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102