ZocdocAnswersDoes a white bump on your testicle mean I have a disease?

Question

Does a white bump on your testicle mean I have a disease?

I have some white bump on my ball but they don't hurt you can pop it like a zit and also I haven't have sex.

Answer

I am sorry to hear about this development. It is not possible to provide an accurate diagnosis without knowing the full details of your medical history and performing a thorough physical exam, including a genital exam. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care physician to discuss these findings. With any genital skin findings, it is important to rule out sexually transmitted disease. These can be transmitted even in the absence of fully penetrative intercourse. Some possibilities include herpes, genital warts, and syphilis. As you mention, this skin findings may simply be a pimple. Other skin disorders can cause genital findings. Contact dermatitis can occur when your skin comes into contact with a substance that causes an allergic reaction, such as a new laundry detergent. You can also have a pustular allergic reaction, which may be causing this bump. Other pustular skin disorders include acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis, pustular psoriasis, and the DRESS syndrome. Although these disorders typically cause much more skin involvement and general illness than you are describing, it is not possible to know the cause without more information. I encourage you to discuss these possibilities with a primary care doctor. After a thorough physical exam, they can help determine the next best course of action.