ZocdocAnswersI'm taking testosterone pills, but did not see any results. Is it safe to buy another testosterone supplement?

Question

I'm taking testosterone pills, but did not see any results. Is it safe to buy another testosterone supplement?

if I'm taking M 14 ment they are testosterone pills on the bottom it says to take it or 4 weeks on and 8 weeks on I did not see any results is it safe for me to buy another testosterone supplement and take them

Answer

In general, I do not recommend taking any supplements without the recommendation of your physician. Many supplements are not tightly regulated by the FDA and can even contain known toxins. Based on your question, I cannot determine if you are taking a prescribed testosterone supplement due to low testosterone levels or are taking testosterone supplements of your own accord. In general, testosterone supplementation is a controversial topic. Even under the guidance of a physician, testosterone levels can vary widely and vary based on the performing laboratory. Data are also equivocal as to whether attempting to increase a low testosterone level is indicated. Without knowing more about your medical history, I cannot make specific recommendations about testosterone supplementation in general, so I recommend you discuss this with your physician. Testosterone supplements are associated with multiple side effects, including some related to your endocrine system such as hair loss, gynecomastia, testicular shrinkage, and acne. Additionally, there is concern that testosterone supplementation can cause an increased risk of prostate cancer. If you are using testosterone as an anabolic steroid, you are at increased risk for cardiac complications. Given the potential dangers of supplementation, I strongly recommend you discuss this further with your primary care physician.