I have severe knee pain after a loud painful pop. What could it be?

My knee gets really tired very easily and it hurts to walk or put pressure on it without the brace. It had been feeling better until this past weekend. I also have been to the Doctor and he didn't do anything to it. I'd really like to get some help. I can't get any answers.
I am sorry to hear about your knee pain. It sounds like it is causing you quite a bit of discomfort and is significantly affecting your life. I encourage you to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. You will require a thorough, in-person evaluation and possibly an imaging study, such as x-ray or MRI, to determine the cause of your pain. Sudden onset knee pain after a popping sound is often caused by rupture of one of the ligaments that helps stabilize the knee joint. These include the ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL. Damage to these ligaments is often apparent on MRI. In many cases, these require surgery to repair. The meniscus is the cartilage lining the knee. Small tears in these can also cause severe pain. Again, MRI is needed to confirm damage to this. Knee pain can also be caused by inflammation of a bursa, or fluid filled sac that cushions the knee, although this is not typically preceded by a popping sound. It is also possible you have injured your quadriceps muscle, which helps stabilize the knee. Regardless, you will need to see an orthopedic surgeon to determine the cause of your knee pain.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons