Is Polycystic Ovaris causing me discomfort?

For the past couple of days I've had virus-like symptoms. Migraine, ache joints and now its just feeling slightly sick, Low abdominal pain on both sides and constantly feel like I need the loo! When I go Its a small amount of diarrhoea but I am also constipated at the same time. I have Polycystic ovaries could this be apart of it? Thanks!!
This is a great question. It is very important that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor or your gynecologist to discuss your symptoms and have a full history and physical. Your symptoms of migraine headache, achiness, lower abdominal pain, and constipation with diarrhea can be due to many things. One possible cause is that you have a gastrointestinal virus, which is usually characterized by abdominal cramping, low grade fever, muscle aches, diarrhea and/or vomiting, and lethargy. Polycystic ovarian syndrome, PCOS, is a syndrome that includes polycystic ovaries, hirsutism, anovulation, acne, etc. It is not characteristic for it to produce or contribute to the symptoms that you are currently having. It could be possible that you have an enlarged ovarian cyst but this usually causes severe pain on one side of your lower abdomen. You might also be suffering from severe constipation. Sometimes when there is a blockage of stool you can actually experience small episodes of "diarrhea" as it can leak around the blockage. Again, it is very important for you to seek medical care as soon as possible to get a correct diagnosis and treatment. In the meantime, get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids.