Do hemorrhoids prevent a period to "flow"?

I am 21 years old and currently have hemorrhoids. I am unuasually late on period. I am curious to know if hemorrhoids can cause the prevention of a period.
I would suggest you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN, but the general answer to your question is no, hemorrhoids are not related in any way to your menstrual flow. Hemorrhoids are small venous blood vessels that are found on the outside and just on the inside of the rectum. When people say they have "hemorrhoids" what they usually mean is that their hemorrhoidal vessels are inflamed or engorged which can result in discomfort. The main symptom of hemorrhoids is bleeding after a bowel movement. Sometimes hemorrhoids can also result in rectal pain. If you are usually late with your, then this is probably caused by some other problem. Irregular periods can be caused by conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome. In addition, if you are rapidly losing weight or you work out a lot, this can also result in a delay of your cycle. Again, I would suggest you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN. I think that this type of physician is likely to be competent in determining the cause of your irregular periods and your hemorrhoids. If your hemorrhoids are a problem, then you can get a prescription for a steroid cream which can calm down the inflammation. If the situation is severe, then you can get a referral to a general surgeon or gastroenterologist.

Nearby OB-GYNs