Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"I feel pain in urethra after boyfriend fingered me, what can I do?"

ZocdocAnswersI feel pain in urethra after boyfriend fingered me, what can I do?


No uti but have blood and bacteria in urine. been hurting for over a month. Been on uti med nothing has helped


This is a good question. It is very important for you to make an appointment with your primary care doctor right away to discuss your symptoms and have further testing. Depending on what your doctor finds or what workup you have had previously, he or she may decide to refer you to a urologist (a doctor who specializes in the urinary tract). It is possible that you experienced some irritation of your urethra following the incident which could cause some pain if the area was swollen. However, this shouldn't have lasted for a month. Also, you mentioned that you had blood and bacteria in your urine which is a sign of a urinary tract infection so I am not sure if you meant that you had that before you were treated with antibiotics, or after. Inquire with your doctor whether a urine culture was sent for testing as this can give more information. It is important that you be tested for STDs as well if you are sexually active, Again, it is very important to make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible to discuss your symptoms and obtain a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment for your condition.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.