Are there any foods that can help boost your hormones?

had the female operation some years ago, and I am also a type 1 diabetic they cuold not give me in horomores pills I need to know if their any thing I could take over the counter, or a food I can eat.
It sounds like you have several active health concerns at present! It also seem that the surgery you are referring to is some combination of a hysterectomy and/or oophorectomy. If you are experiencing side effects related to low levels of estrogen following gynecological surgery, then the best place to start with with your primary care physician to discuss your options. He or she may want to involve a gynecologist or other specialists to help determine the safest way to help improve your symptoms and quality of life without putting you at risk for other health problems. There are many reasons why physicians be reluctant (or unwilling) to prescribe hormone replacement, including a prior diagnosis of breast cancer, a personal or family history of blood clots, or concern over elevated stroke risk. Your doctor will know your history and can review any medical records to help determine what might be safe for you. Although there are natural estrogens in some foods such as soy, if there is a medical contraindication to you being on hormone replacement therapy, then the same risks would apply irrespective of whether the hormones you are ingesting come from a plant product or are synthesized in a laboratory. Hopefully in discussion with your doctor you can come up with a plan that is both safe and will help improve your quality of life.

• Dr. Robert Baratz
    Dr. Robert Baratz MD, DDS
    759 Granite St.
    Braintree, MA 02184
  • Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa
    Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723