What could cause this pain under my ribs?

I'm 24 years old and I've had my gallbladder removed since I was 20, two nights ago I had an attack that felt like a gallbladder attacks. the pain was so intense I stopped breathing a couple of times, I have since then had abdominal pain that isnt as intense but its a very irritating miserable pain. and about 2 to 3 times a day I am having these severe pain attacks in my abdomen. it's located about 5 to 7 inches above my belly button and about 2 inches away the incision from my gallbladder being removed,almost under my ribs. childbirth pain was nothing compared to the pain I feel from these attacks. in your opinion what do you think might be wrong and what do you think I could possibly do to help the pain go away I don't believe in taking medications unless 100% necessary
The pain you are having sounds terrible, and I'm sure you would like to find a way to make it go away as soon as possible! Anytime you notice a change in your health like this, the best thing to do is speak with your primary care physician. He or she will know your health history and can take a more detailed history about the new symptoms. In a situation such as you describe, a physical exam will also be very important to see if your pain is reproducible in an office setting. This can often provide several important clues with regard to the etiology of your symptoms. Depending upon your physician's evaluation, some basic lab work might also be indicated here. There are many possibilities as to what could be causing this pain. First, although it is rare, it is possible for people to still retain gallstones even after the gallbladder has been removed. A stone can remain trapped in one of the bile ducts even after the surgery to remove the gallbladder. Second, based upon the location you describe, severe heartburn or esophageal spasm could be responsible. However, a physical exam will be very important to try and direct next steps which is why your next step should be to see your primary care physician without delay.